This article summarizes specific information for the DSPs connected to the Smart AdServer RTB+ platform.
- AppNexus does not bid on inventory with the transparency settings "Blind" or "Semitransparent"
- AppNexus does not bid on bid requests where the global floor price is higher than the floor price of the deal
- a Direct Deal in Smart AdServer results in a Private Auction in AppNexus
- a Private Auction in Smart AdServer results in an Open Auction in AppNexus
- the Deal ID is not supported in Open Auctions
Do not create a Private Auction when AppNexus is the bidder.
This table shows Smart AdServer setups and their equivalent in AppNexus
|Direct Deal connected with Insertion
|Direct Deal connected with Insertion and "Exclusive" checkbox enabled
|Private Auction||Open Auction||no|
|Private Auction connected with insertion||Open Auction||no|
|Private Auction with connected insertion and "Exclusive" checkbox enabled||Private Auction||no|
Smart AdServer not visible as an SSP
As a buyer, if you cannot see Smart AdServer (as an SSP) in the Google DBM user interface, follow these instructions:
- navigate to Partner
- edit Partner
- go to Exchanges
- find SmartRTB
- select checkbox
- click Save
Problems may occur if the hosting source of the creative is a third party (e. g. Flashtalking)
Custom affinity targeting / affinity audiences
The buyer should not use custom affinity targeting / affinity audiences: one of the limitations of custom affinity targeting is that it can only be used on adx deals:
"Affinity audiences are currently only targetable on DoubleClick Ad Exchange inventory, so if your line item targets only affinity audiences, it will only buy from Ad Exchange. However, if your targeting includes an affinity segment and one or more first- or third-party audience lists in a logical OR relationship, your line item will still be able to purchase impressions from exchanges other than Ad Exchange."
User cookie lifetime
The lifetime of the user cookie (user matching) is 2 years.
- through a deal, buyers challenge the network bid floor and the deal bid floor; thus, buyers need to bid higher than both of these bid floors in order to win the deal
- no support of multi-size bid requests
- no support of multi-impression bid requests; will be supported soon
- no support of interstitial requests; will be supported soon
- no support of the following sizes: 970x300, 990x90