In standalone mode, Smart RTB+ is used as a monetization platform without direct campaigns. There is no holistic yield involved: any unmonetized impressions are passed back to a publisher or other system. After the passback, the publisher or other system can call another monetization platform to try to monetize the impression.
Sign in to the user interface
Sign in to the User interface here.
Use your Manage ID (1) and Password (2).
The Manage ID (1) has the format yourUserName@networkName (example: johnsmith@mediaxyz)
- Go to Administration > Formats
- Click New
Create new format
Formats represent sizes of ad slots (e. g. 160x600 for skyscraper). It is also referred to as "ad position".
Click New to add a new format
- Define a name (1) (e. g.: "160x600")
- Type (2): select Standard (desktop websites, mobile websites, responsive websites) or Mobile (mobile apps)
- Under Platform settings (3), define width and height for at least one platform (e. g. 160x600 for a skyscraper on a desktop website)
- Click Save (4)
Repeat the process for each new format.
Go to Administration > Websites & pages
Websites represent publishers or systems which call Smart Adserver to monetize the impression. Each website consists of at least one page (section). Each page includes formats (ad positions). In the end, you will receive one ad tag per website, page and format.
- click New (1)
- enter a Site Name (2)
- in Site URL (3), enter the publisher's domain (recommended) without "www". When placing the bid request, Smart AdServer will use this domain as a backup for the referrer URL. Enter the domain in the following format:
for desktop: http://domain.com
for mobile web: http://domain-site.com
for Android apps: http://domain-android.com
for iPhone apps: http://domain-iphone.com
- select Web (4) for desktop websites, mobile websites and responsive websites
- select Mobile (4) for mobile apps (disable Automatic detection first); do not select the platform Mobile web (6) - use the Type Web (4) for mobile websites instead
- Click Save
Add IAB categories
Add at least 3 IAB categories to the website. If appropriate, do the same for the pages under the website.
Click New page group and enter a name (typically, the same name as the website).
Edit page group
Edit the page group as shown above.
Enable all the formats relevant for the given website and click Save.
Click New page
- Enter a page name (1); typically, the same name as the website
- Click Save (2)
If you have multiple websites with the same structure, simply Copy the existing website. If appropriate, make necessary changes to page groups, pages etc.
When done with the creation of all websites, create a pack: go to Administration > Websites and page packs and click New
Add all sites
(1) Name the Pack: RTB+ all sites
(2) Select all websites
(3) Add the websites
(4) Click Save