Video tutorial - how to set up RTB insertions
Create RTB+ insertion
You need to create one insertion per format.
- Define the Name; use the format's name, e. g. 160x600 ①
- Select insertion category ②
- Leave the priority unchanged ③
- Enable the option Activate "Holistic yield" mode ④ (More information on Holistic yield)
- Click Save and go to next step ⑤
For RTB+ standalone, the following notes should be applied:
- Select the priority Exclusive without capping ③
- Leave the option Activate "Holistic yield" mode disabled ④
- Select the format ①; only one format is possible; copy the insertion if you need other formats (see below)
- Select the websites, pages and packs, which includes all the websites ②
- Add the selected pack ③
- Click Save and go to next step
Click Template library
Select script template
Search for the RTB+ script templates.
Description of script templates:
- RTB+ Default Banner - for desktop ads (e. g. 160x600, 300x250 etc.)
- Smart RTB+ Mobile Banner - for banners in mobile web and in apps
- Smart RTB+ Web Mobile Interstitial - for interstitials in mobile web
- RTB+ Video - for video instream ads
Each script template has a field called Acceptable sizes - read more about this field below.
For a complete list of RTB+ templates, live demos and suggested sizes please check this document.
About the "Acceptable sizes" field
By default, RTB+ uses the width and height defined on format level (e. g. 300x250). To accept additional sizes for the same ad slot, define them in the Acceptable sizes field
- Enter the sizes as follows: width*height (in pixels); Example: 300*250
- separate multiple sizes by a comma
- Do not use spaces
How the field works
- If you define one size, the size defined on format level will be overridden (replaced)
- If you enter multiple sizes, a multi-impression bid request is sent to the DSPs; the highest bid will win the auction, no matter which size it is
- To accept the format's size and additional sizes, enter the format's size, followed by the additional sizes
Note: The sizes in multi-impression bid requests are sent in the order declared in the field Acceptable sizes.
However, some DSPs may not support multi-impression bid requests: they will use the first size only and ignore the other sizes.
Put insertion online
Click Put online. The insertion will be active within a few seconds.
Copy RTB+ insertions
You need one insertion per format.
To copy your existing insertion:
- Click on the campaign's name ①
- Select the insertion to be copied ②
- Click Copy ③
In the copied insertion
- change the name (e. g. to 300x250 or 728x90)
- select the appropriate format on the Placement tab (e. g. 300x250 or 728x90)
The result may look as follows: