Previous step: 02b - Administration (User rights)
Campaign management is organized in a three-level structure:
- Advertiser: the client (brand) whose ads are served
- Campaign: typically represents an advertised product; a campaign consists of one or multiple insertions
- Insertion: includes one or multiple creatives (same size) as well as all the delivery settings (time frame, placements, targeting etc.)
Click on Campaigns (1) to get a list of existing advertisers.
- The list is pre-filtered for Active (3) advertisers. Active advertisers are advertisers with insertions delivering currently or later.
- Click Delivered (4) for advertisers delivering at the moment
- Click All (2) to display all advertisers regardless of activity/delivery
Creating a campaign
- Click on the appropriate advertiser from the list and click Create a new campaign
- Define a Name (1)
- Define Start Date (2) and End Date (3). These are not considered for delivery, but should cover all the timeframes of the insertions. Otherwise, you risk issues with reports.
- Optionally, assign an Agency (4)
Booking status (5)
- Draft - used for pure drafts; campaign will never start delivery and will be ignored by the forecast
- Prebooked - used for campaigns awaiting signature of the purchase order; campaign will never start delivery and will be ignored by the forecast
- Booked - used for campaigns with signed purchase order but elements missing (e. g. creatives); campaign will never start delivery but will be considered by the forecast
- Sold - used for campaigns ready to deliver; mandatory to put insertions online; campaign will be considered by the forecast
- Cancel - used for campaigns which should have delivered but were cancelled; campaign will be ignored by the forecast
- For this campaign - Global: define a number of impressions; this limits delivery of the entire campaign (any insertion) to the defined number of impressions for each unique user
- For this campaign - Visit: define a number of impressions; this limits delivery of the campaign (any insertion) to the defined number of impressions for each visit of the unique user; the visit ends when the unique user closes the browser; when the user reopens the site, this is considered a new visit
Click Save and create an insertion (7)
Next step: 04 - Insertions: General settings