You can add criteria to your forecast query. Some may not be available in the Forecast UI (hidden). This article explains the conditions under which the criteria become available (visible) in the forecast UI.
The criteria are located on the Select criteria tab on the left pane.
The general rule is that any criterion is available in the new forecast, if
- you have used it in an insertion
- this insertion is not in status finished for longer than the last 6 months
You had an insertion which ended 2 months ago and which was targeted to job=butcher (on the insertion's targeting tab you have defined the keyword targeting job=butcher). You will be able to forecast the keyword job=butcher in the new forecast.
In some cases you may wish to forecast a criterion which you have never used in an insertion. For instance, you wish to forecast the key/value pair job=butcher, but you have never sold an insertion with this targeting.
There is an easy way to get the forecast. You can fake the usage of the criterion, so that the new forecast takes the criterion into consideration:
- create a site and page and enable any format (using the page groups); don't implement any tags for these
- create a campaign with status Sold
- create an insertion in this campaign
- in this insertion, set the end date far in the future (e. g. 01 January 2030)
- on the Placements tab, select the format and site/page you just created
- add the targeting criteria you wish to have available in the new forecast (cities, keywords etc.)
- save the insertion; there is no need to put the insertion online
- add additional targeting criteria later, whenever you need to forecast them
- when a criterion is added, wait until the next day and use the criterion in the forecast
Note about keyword forecasting
To get forecast data for a keyword, it has to be used in at least one insertion at the present moment (i. e. today). If you remove a keyword from the insertion today, the forecast will not be able to forecast it as of tomorrow.
Conditions for criteria availability
The following table lists all the forecast criteria and the rules used to make them available. Also, you will see if the criterion is hidden in the forecast when its forecast is 0 impressions. Criteria are only hidden in the GUI, not in the WebAPI.